Start-up support group Connect Yorkshire will run the Yorkshire Understanding Finance for Business scheme, an initiative offered by Yorkshire Forward as part of the Government’s Solutions for Business platform.
High growth potential businesses will be able to take part in a range of workshops, boot-camps and coaching sessions that will enable them to “turn their business propositions into attractive investment opportunities”.
Participating firms will get up to five days worth of free advice designed to:
- Help them understand the finance options available and where they fit into their business.
- Help define their finance needs.
- Build their understanding of potential funders and their expectations.
- Understand the fund-raising process.
- Understand how to make and defend their pitch to investors.
- Help grow their business with expert coaching.
Programme manager Andy Chaffer said:
“I’m looking forward to working with the region’s budding entrepreneurs and helping them get access to supportive investors. Funding has never been as important to businesses.
“The advice and support UFFB offers can make a real difference for companies and I know from my previous role the satisfaction to be derived from helping companies achieve growth and success.”